ouch,,they can be a pain in the A...

is there anybody out there who absoluteley do not talk to their in.. laws ??? I do not speak to mine at all anymore,,,,,,they didnt respect me when they were around me . Anyway, my husband didnt stick up for me when they acted out..and he never will,,,so when they come home (maybe 4 times a year) i leave the house,,,,i hate it!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Holidays

• I love my in laws. And my family loves my husband. I am pretty lucky I think. But if I didn't get along with my in laws, there is no way in hell I would leave my house. I would tell them they can either not visit or pay for a hotel a well as out of the house activities with everyone else. You are far more patient that I am!
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 11:35 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• My inlaws are divorced, my FIL loved me, but my MIL hated me before we met, she's Catholic, and I was divorced and had a child when I met her son, so she never bothered to get to know me.

Anyway, no matter how she treated me, I kept trying....even after she told my husband she was dead to us, my husband didn't know it, but I continued to send gifts for her birthday and mother's day, until one day she sent him a "thank you" note that was so cold and impersonal that it hurt my husband. He 'forbid' me from sending any more gifts......I've only seen her twice in the last 18 years.

We've been married 21 years, and have her only grandchildren. I can't imagine cutting off any of my kids, or my grandchildren....regardless of how I felt about the girl they chose. Whether they like you or not, they do need to treat you with respect, and I agree that you shouldn't have to leave your own home.

Good Luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:54 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I feel your pain. I don't understand why in-laws behave this way. It's like they don't grasp their children have the right to grow up, get married and have their own family.

You shouldn't have to leave your home but I have the same problem with my DH. It's caused many a fight between us until I realized that is what his family wants. Now I just stand up for myself and my kids when his relatives pull their crap. It's so ridiculous that I hate to be around them.
    Anonymous