how many women pooped during pushing in labor?

i ask becuase i'm due on monday so i know i'm getting close and i wondered since this may happen to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I did..thought it would be embarrrasing but it wasnt they had it cleaned up so fast i didnt even realize it happened til hubby told me later.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Didn't...and worried about it the whole time...but after a 32 hour labor, there wasn't anything solid (other than DD) left in me by the time I had to push.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:38 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• What they don’t give enemas anymore?  big smile mini

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I've had 3 and I only did with my last one. I was so constipated and I knew I needed to go but they kept telling me I didn't and it was only pressure I was feeling from the baby's head. And to make it worse I was throwing up and pooping at the same time. My husband was holding the bucket for my mouth and my mom was cleaning up my bum. It was really embarrassing at the time but to be honest it's pretty normal and you get over it pretty quickly. All sense of modesty goes out the window when you are giving birth. LOL
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:39 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I did. I worried about that my whole pregnancy. But you will see when you get to that point you don't care about anything but getting that baby OUT! It's no big deal, and like ria7 said, they clean it up like it's nothing. Unless you are aware you did it, you would never know.
    Good Luck, and try not to worry about that.
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 11:46 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• About the enemas - with my first epi 25 years ago I had an enema but 3 1/2 years later in a dif state the second hospital didn't do them. And 4 1/2 years later in a third state and hospital that hospital did not do ob enemas either. And with my first section I did get shaved against my wishes but in my second and third deliveries I did not get shaved for either one.

lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:47 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I didn't.. I made sure before my epidural that I was gonna go poop lol! I've heard of it happening alot though, I'm sure the doctors are use to dealing with worse.
    Jacki88

Answer by Jacki88 at 11:54 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I have no idea whether I did or not! I had other things to worry about during labor. Besides, Labor and Delivery nurses and doctors have seen it all....I'm sure it's old news to them.

My son, however, power pooped all over the doctor the minute he came out.!! So bad that he had to change before he could continue!!! LOL
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:01 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• yep.

but there's so much other....."stuff" coming out of you that it doesn't really make any difference.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:13 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• i didn't but i watched my brother's birth 10 years ago, and my step mom did. no biggy. i was a little surprised since i was only 15, but really it was no big deal :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 8, 2009