Is it ok to give gummy bear vitamin to my 13 month old?

on the bottle does not say any age starting.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Not a good idea...gummy anything at this age isn't easy to chew up and do not dissolve quick enough to prevent a choking episode. I'd go for the flinstones chewables if you have to get a tablet...otherwise I'd stick with the liquid if you can.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:39 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I agree it might not be a good idea at 13 months. Maybe in 6 months or so, but I wouldn't for now.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• My pediatrician recommends "My First Flintstones" for kids aged 2 & 3. For kids under 2, I think you need to still use the liquid Poly-Vi-Sol stuff.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 11:44 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• In my opinion, no. Why risk the child choking on it?

Answer by admckenzie at 11:45 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I don't give my 15 month old vitamins. Should I be?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:42 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Most of the bottles say age two and up. They are a harder gummy than a typical fruit snack would be, which I also wouldn't give a 13 month old. At this age, if you feel it is important to give a vitamin, I would just give the liquid in her milk or juice.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 1:48 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Enfamil makes a liquid vitamin that our pediatrician recommended when we switched to milk. That is OK to use for a 13 month old.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 1:59 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I would give a liquid multi vitamin, not chewy at this age.And not the store bought enfamil crap.Too many preservatives and artificial stuff in it.I use Baby Plex multi vitamin for my 16 month old.You can find it at Health food stores and also Whole Foods sales it.He loves it!He takes it right out of the dropper!
    elismommy608

Answer by elismommy608 at 4:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2009