no laundry detergent!?!?

So I am out of laundry detergent and have no way to the store to get more but I desperately need some clean towels and clothes. My dad said Icould use soap for the dishwasher but I am skepitcal....Anyone know or have a suggestion???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Home & Garden

• baking soda!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Check this out -- http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070608152305AAiVtAT -- it might help . . .
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• It actually might work because the laundry detergent I make for the washer has the same ingredients (except for the soap) as the dish washing detergent I make. I would give it a try. You can "technically" use just water for laundry. Just don't expect it to smell like it usually does with commercially made laundry soap.

Kathryn620

Answer by Kathryn620 at 12:07 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• YOU CAN USE DISH SOAP....BUT JUST PUT A LITTLE BIT !
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 7:51 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• dish soap is fine. Or baking soda and vinegar.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:50 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Grate a bar of plain bath soap like Ivory. Dissolve it in 1 quart hot water. If you have washing soda (baking soda will do in a pinch) and maybe some oxyclean or borax, add 1 cup of each. Mix in with enough water to make 4 gallons(cut this recipe down if you don't want 4 gallons). Use 1/2 cup for regular washers, 1 cup for super capacity washers.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:06 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• michigan mom, you never cease to dumbfound me with your knowledge.

DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY THAT WILL SAVE ME?!?!

Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 1:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Sure do, Princess!!! It saves me BIG BUCKS every month! I have 8 people in my household and I do at least 2 loads of laundry a day.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2009