Post Partum Depression

My baby boy is 16 weeks old and I just lack the motivation to do anything. I just can't make myself care. Like he starts to cry and I pick him up b/c I know I should. I'm always exhausted and I sleep alot during the day. I can only eat in very small portions b/c I'm just not hungry. I mean, I make myself eat enough to survive but It's not like I feel hungry. My room needs fresh paint but I just can't find the energy or a reason to go do it. It's not like I don't have the time, I just don't feel like doing anything at all. Is it possibly PPD? and if it is, who should I go to? My Primary Care or my OB?

TotallyWarped

Asked by TotallyWarped at 11:49 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Call your ob. You may need anti deppresnts and counsling. Feeling like you are is unhealthy for you both. I know how hard it is but you need to get help.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 12:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• you know what im going to say...go to the doctor its not normal i did this last year and the meds help alot really! i love you take care of yourself!
    julieobug

Answer by julieobug at 12:20 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I went through exactly what you are going through but a little sooner then that. It was PPD and I got on zoloft and it helped trememdously! and fast! I went to my OB. Good luck and if you want you can email me if you want to talk or have any questions kaitlyn.altman@gmail.com
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 8, 2009