Please help, my 2-year-old needs a haircut!

My husband and I decided way back that we would let our kids have their hair however they wanted. Or try, anyway. I think it's important to my husband because he wanted a mohawk when he was little and never got it; now he's bald. We were talking about when our kids are older, but our 2½-year-old, Kalten, has an opinion NOW. We used to just buzz his hair with a #4 attachment, and he was happy with that. But lately he's told us he wants it longer. I said, "long like Mommy's?" and he said "no, like Kalten!" So he likes his longer hair. We've had the bangs and back trimmed, but that just looks like a toddler helmet. What he needs is a hairstyle. I have a few pictures of what he looks like right now in my journal.
http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1536437/Please_help_my_2yo_needs_a_haircut

heydooney

Asked by heydooney at 11:54 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Let it grow a little then take him to a really nice salon. If you can find a hip sexy momma who does wild grown up hair, she has plenty of experience with cool kids cuts. Get it cut right once. Photograph it! Then you can maintain the look cheaper elsewhere.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:06 PM on Oct. 8, 2009