Was deciding to circ your son an argument between you and your SO?

And if so who ended up "winning"?

Who took what stance?

munch12502

Asked by munch12502 at 11:55 AM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Kids' Health

• We both wanted circumcision. I didn't want my babies hurt, but in the long run we both agreed on circumcision.....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:56 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I'm grateful I never had a son because it was a huge debate for us. He wanted it and I didn't. I don't know who would have ended up getting their way but I'm glad we never had to come to it.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:59 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I went with what he wanted. He isn't so we didn't do it. In a way I kind of regret it. But my insurance wouldn't pay for it and that would have been 800 from my pocket. I'm not down for that for such an unnessesary thing.
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 12:02 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• We both wanted it, I just think it is the normal thing to do or everyone told me it was, first boy you know so I had no idea what was right or wrong. I am glad we did though atleast that is one thing out of the way. I just didnt want my son to feel different from other boys or girls to pick on him when he gets older.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 12:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• My So is, and we both agreed that my son should be also. Another big reason we did it is because I have an eight y/o nephew who isn't and has lots of problems with infection and such.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:07 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Nope...my DH finds circ to be cruel, and I tend to agree at this point. Had my last son survived we were not going to have him circed. I have apologized to my 12 yr old son for making that decision for him. I took something from him he can never get back.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:19 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Nope, it wasnt even a conversation! I believe in circumcision and my ex husband is circumcised so we both just knew our son would be!

I am pregnant again with another boy with a different father. I am giving this baby up for adoption so its up to the adoptive parents if they want to circ of not (the are chosing to circ) but before I got pregnant with him and the dad and I were talking about future children we decided to circ. He is not cut but since I feel so strongly about it and he didnt care either way, he left the future decisions up to me
    Anonymous

• NOPE. i told him you deicded he said yes .so he got circumcised
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:02 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• If we had had a son, we would have had a B'rit Milah (ritual circumcision.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:27 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• There was never an argument. My husband and I are both against genital mutilation so we decided against getting cosmetic surgery on our infant son's penis.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 4:35 PM on Oct. 8, 2009