how long did it take anyone to conceive after the depo shot?

The reason why i ask is because, i had received my first and last depo shot in may of 2009. I had my period in June, none in July, and had my period August 16th, was on for like 4 or 5 days. Then I started spotting like the end of August to like a few days in September. Didn't come for September. Now it is October and I'm due for my period around the 14th or the 16th, but on the 7th of October I started spotting and I'm starting to worry. I took 3 home pregnancy test and they all said negative. If anyone can help me out with some ideas or suggestion that would be helpful.

love1420

Asked by love1420 at 12:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• After taking Depo your periods will take a couple of months to get back to normal, but as far as getting pg, I got pg one month after taking depo for 4 years.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 12:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Yeah, I think everyone's different, but I know that the depo will MESS your periods up, even after you stop getting it. Also, as a side note, if you've been on the depo for 2 years or more you should get a bone density test. Depo is really hard on your bones I hear...
    DancingK

Answer by DancingK at 3:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I am leaving month 14 of TTC after depo... the ONLY thing that has helped me get regular is Fertil Aid... I tried for 11 months without the fertilaid and could never get a regular cycle...
    I am testing tomorrow keep your fingers crossed for me :)
    VLY

Answer by VLY at 4:50 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• it is the depo. I can't remember how long I got pregant bc I misscarried that baby and I kind of put it out of my mind. Are you tring for another
    Catanna

Answer by Catanna at 11:16 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• sometimes i would never get my period while on the depo shot
    theclassics1

Answer by theclassics1 at 7:44 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I'm sure it's going to take your periods a few months to regulate after the shot. It took my sister 11mos to conceieve after taking the shot for 3yrs.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 10, 2009