how can i loose 20 pounds

AHE2009

Asked by AHE2009 at 12:14 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I lost 20 lbs in three months by doing three things: first, I started walking every day for 1/2 hr - 45 minutes. I also cut out all snacking between meals - 4 small meals a day worked well. Finally, I changed the types of carbs I was eating. Now I'm not buying white bread and buy nut and grain or 12 grain bread instead, I buy whole grain pasta, and dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate, skim milk instead of 2%, and eat oatmeal instead of pop tarts or cereal for breakfast. The reason this stuff works is b/c they are small things you can do to permanently change your life and habits, instead of crash diets. My goal is a 75 lb loss, and in six months I've lost 30 total (almost halfway there!). Now I look forward to my walks, crave the oatmeal and grains in my bread, and hardly want sweets ever. It changed my whole outlook on food. Also, drink lots of water! Good luck!
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 1:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Start eating a balanced diet, and get a good exercise program that includes strength training and cardio.
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 1:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I have lost 140 pounds and did so by cardio(running/jogging 5 times a week)plus strength training.Also I eat 4-5 small meals a day.Water is definetly essential.I wouldnt change all your habits at once and dont deprive yourself of the foods that you love.Good luck!
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 2:34 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I would start with simple changes.
    Stop buying junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:36 AM on Oct. 9, 2009