Can you fry thin sliced steak? We broke our bbq and really want ot eat this steak up...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Sure. I do it all the time because I don't have a grill. Marinate as you prefer and just heat the skillet w/ a splash of olive oil or pam on medium heat and cook as you prefer. We like ours medium rare and cook it about 5-7 min per side, more or less depending on thickness.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• What I do when I pan fry steak is to brush the steak with olive oil, not the pan then use a seasoning rub on the outside with a little tobasco. Warm the pan before putting steak on. I do 1 to 1.5 minutes each side on HIGH (this sears the outside and keeps it juicy, same principle as browning a roast before you slow-cook it) Then reduce heat to MEDIUM for 4-5 minutes per side. I do this when we're just having steak, or I'll then do thin diagonal slices and serve it with fajitas :] yum
    bltcahill

Answer by bltcahill at 4:57 PM on Oct. 8, 2009