anyone know how much time i have from..

the start of a tooth infection to getting it removed before it potentially kills me? ive been reading a lot on the internet since i went to the dentist this morning and am now extremely terrified. the bottom wisdom is the infected one and since this morning the right side of my throat is starting to hurt along with tenderness along the jawline, none of which was going on just 2 hours ago at the dentist office. the problem is i wont have the money for the extraction til wednesday. should i be totally worried and start prostituting on street corners or something (lol) or will i be ok til then?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 12:33 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Health

• If you are weakened with fever delirium and showing signs of sepsis, I would be concerned. But since you are on the computer talking about it, that means you are coherent enough to make a sentence. My advice, and I am no doctor, is to get off the research sites and relax!!
    Anonymous

• You are funny,LOL. Just go talk to your dentist and see if he/she will take care of your tooth problem now and you pay later. Or at least get some Antibiotics.

Answer by louise2 at 12:42 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Didn't your dentist put you on some kind of antibiotic if there is an infection? If not, I would call them back immediately and tell them what's happening so they can call a prescription in for you.
    scrapbookmylife

Answer by scrapbookmylife at 12:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• He didn't put me on it, I guess the ones he prefers to put his patients on I am allergic to. Perhaps the infection isn't bad enough yet to start another antibiotic? Not sure but all he gave me was something for pain to last til I get it removed. The sore throat could be totally unrelated, but since reading those horror stories about dead teeth swelling up the throat and causing suffocation/instant death, i'm freaking out!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:52 PM on Oct. 8, 2009