diamonds are forever party ideas

i want to have a diamond theme party for my 21st bday. any ideas; from cake to decorations, clothing to invitations and thank you cards? i want all the ideas you got. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Entertainment

• Wilton had these huge diamond rings and smaller ones in their bridal shower favor line a few years ago. You could check for those. Look at kid jewelry selections in store and see what other "diamond" jewelry you might luck up to use in your decor. Get a couple yards of velvet and pleather from a remnant table, cover and line some different sized boxes to make ring boxes. Look at the glass and crystal sections in places and you may find some different bowls that would look like diamond if they were turned upside down, and even fashion ring bands for them.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 2:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Crap...at least it posted instead of eating it, but I have no freaking idea what the heck I hit. Get rhinestones and those plain wedding band favor rings and a strong glue if you can't find already made rings, make your own and include them in your invitations, or just add in a few loose stones. Oh, and in the floral section at walmart you should be able to get bags of diamond cut glass stones that would be perfect for this. Think in terms of lots of clear things -- your cups, bowls for snacks, plates...and search for diamonds at orientaltrading.com...that might be your best bet in finding your diamond jewelry for some of the decorating. And if you could find diamond ice trays for your drinks that would be awesome.

All I got right now, but if I think of anything else, I will come back by. :O)
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 2:28 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I have seen a diamond key chain that may be a great cake topper. Then line the bottom of your cake with silver round sprinkles found at any grocery store. If you buy some fake diamonds at a craft store, you can have your first initial of your name on the cake. Maybe on cupcakes you can find clear sugar sprinkles on white icing. Candy Ring Pops maybe? I am thinking silver and white balloons, very shimmery and sparkly. Silver glitter on a white table cover. Tinsel? I like what roachiesmom suggested about clear items.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Clear Christmas lights?
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Get plain invitations at craft store and try to find some diamond kid's stickers....
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:13 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• My niece just got married and had plastic diamond stones all over her tables, just sprinkled down the center, they were all different sizes. I am also thinking white and silver, possibly some black thrown in. White Christmas lights wrapped in tulle look beautiful, invites printed on certificate paper as a "Certificate of Appraisal - XXXX 21st Carat Birthday Party!" Lots of white candles and flowers, gardenias smell wonderful and look great in short crystal bowls.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 8:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2009