Please help me, I'm taking my (driving) road test on satureday!

Okay, so I'm 27 and I've never had my license. I didn't go through drivers training, so I have a question:
I know that when taking the road test, my hands have to be @ 10 & 2 on the wheel when driving. So the question is - when taking a cruve, do my hands remain @ 10 & 2 or do I have to do a hand-over-hand turn?
Sounds like a dumb question, but I don't want to be marked down.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• hand over hand, it's stupid because hand over hand really isnt all that safe imo.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 1:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Thanks
    Anonymous

• i usually do hand over hand, but whatever makes you feel comfortable. as long as you have a sturdy hand on the wheel and keep the car steady! good luck!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Hand over hand is the best way to go. My driving instructor said it gives you more control over the wheel.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I don't know, but Good Luck!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• ok i dont feel bad now am 22 and have no clue how to drive. am scared. good luck
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:30 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• It actually depends on how tight the curve is. If it is slight, then you can still hold the wheel at 10 & 2. Remember to slow down and then begin to accelerate about halfway through the curve to get back up to the speed limit by the time you are finished with the curve. If the curve is really tight - almost like a turn - then hand-over-hand is the way to do it. Adjusting your speed on tight curves is important, too, but you may want to slow down even more to allow yourself the ease of making the curve nice and smooth.
    Best wishes on your road test!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:27 AM on Oct. 9, 2009