Are women who weren't accompanied by their husbands at the delivery affected psychologically?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Untill about the last 20 years NO husbands or SO's or fathers of babies were allowed in delivery rooms. They sat out in the waiting room or paced the halls! Were all your mothers and grandmothers and the generations before them psychologically harmed? Probably not! Even back when women gave birth at home with midwives attending the dad was told to stay the hell out.
    Anonymous

• that would probably depend a lot on the circumstances. such as who did the woman want with her? was she fearful or confident? did she prefer her mother over her husband, or did she really want hubby there?
    Anonymous

• I had my mother and ex in the room with me. My exhusband annoyed me more than anything making stupid jokes and acting like a moron. If I have another child I just want my mom there. I felt like I was babysitting my husband.
    Anonymous