Is it possible to get a vaginal bacterial infection if you perform oral sex on

your man before having intercourse? Not an STD, a bacterial infection. If not, what else could possible cause one when sexually active?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Health

• Things like bacterial vaginosis occur just because your body produces too much bad bacteria.. it is just spontaneous.

As far as getting stuff from oral, I don't really know, but babies can get yeast infections from BFing, so I guess it is possible..
    Anonymous

• OP here. I don't get them unless we are active. He's deployed now, so I don't get them. Just when he's home. IDK why. It's frustrating, and he feels really guilty. I've asked my PA, but don't get any real answers.
    Anonymous

• What type of protection do you use? It is possible you get some type of recation to whatever you're using???
    Anonymous

• I assume since a guy can carry a yeast infection and never know it, maybe they can carry a bacterial infection as well. Maybe talk to your doctor about that. My sisters first husband was re-infecting her with yeast infections and it took them three years to figure it out. Finally he took an oral med and used the cream for a couple weeks and poof she had no more infections.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:41 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• As odd as it sounds try taking garlic pills 3-4 times a day. I had the absolute worst itching "down there". No odor, no discharge, just the worst ever itching. I tried Monistat and Vagisil creams, Vagisil feminine powder, anti-itch wipes, etc. and they works temporarily. I battled it for well over a year and then one day a friend mantioned taking garlic pills to prevent stomach viruses, because it kills all intensinal bacteria. I thought, what the heck, if I have some sort of bacterial issue maybe it will work. It did. I have been itch free for about a month.
    Anonymous

• OP again. We don't use protection. I have my tubes tied. Now I just gotta find a way to get HIM to go to the doctor. I was thinking he could be passing me the bacteria. But wasn't sure. Thanks for the input!
    Anonymous