my daughter has a red rash around her mouth not any where else just the moth i have tried rubbing alcohol and calamine lotion and triple antibiotic nothing is working can anyone plz help ?

rebelcouple

Asked by rebelcouple at 1:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Health

• Do you BF? It could be a yeast infection.
    It could also be foot hand and mouth depending on what it looks like, if there are sores inside of her mouth..
    You could try aquaphor.. that is my solve all problem, but it works like you wouldn't believe, we use it on all sorts of rashes with my little one.
    Have you tried something as simple as chapstick?? Maybe?

Sorry I can't help more, but good luck!
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 1:14 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• You put rubbing alcohol on a rash? WHY?! Put some vaseline or aquaphor (basically vaseline with some other stuff mixed in.) on it. Chances are it's just from drool or milk irritating her mouth.
    Anonymous

• My son was allergic to the protein in cows milk so he would get red around his mouth when he had milk, or ice cream. We changed to soy and then he was fine. Also the alcohol is going to irritate it so put a little aveno cream on it a few times a day. It will work best at night so put it on at bedtime and it should be better by morning.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:28 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• my son would get a rash around his mouth from drooling. try something like hydro cortisone creme. it did wonders for him, he was clear in about 2 days.

BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:30 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Alcohol, calamine lotion, antibiotics, chapstick, vaseline on the face of a baby! All of these things are bad. If you don't know what to do it is better to do nothing! Take your baby to the doctor.

There is a lot of info about baby rashes on baby center.

When you need info you can go to google and type in baby rash face and then read info in several websites.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• my daughter used to get a red rash that would start at her mouth and creep up her face. and it would get worse everytime the weather changed. I took her to dermatolgoist who had me go and buy soap that cost 15.00 and was no bigger then what u got at a hotel. (single mom, very limited $$$) so i started putting on the very simple chapstick (cherry flavor) and it worked wonders. I also make sure that nothing other then Johnson&Johnson baby soap and lotions are used (not even the cheap brand) and it helped alot.

she is now a teenager and if she says her skin is dry and itchy or looks red we go back to that - only J&J soaps and lotions and chapstick onthe worst parts. and she clears up in less then 48 hours
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• A lot of babies and small kids get a rash around the mouth because their drooling dries out the skin. It can be worse if they use a pacifier or suck on a thumb because they trap the moisture against the skin. Clean the area with mild soap at least 2 times a day. I use Aveeno during the day and slather her little face with Aquaphor at night to try to keep the skin protected from her drool. It usually helps!
    If it still doesn't get better- check with the doctor!
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 5:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2009