questions about supplemental income.

I am a SAHM. I used to be a caregiver, but am no longer interested in that path for misc reasons. I am great at cleaning and have been thinking about becoming an independent housekeeper. I dont have any professional experience, and don't really know anything about the business aspect about doing this. I was thinking about putting an ad on craigslist or something of the like. But how much should I charge? & at what frequency? Per hr, per rm, or what? Do you bring your own cleaning supplies? Also a little worried about going into strange peoples' homes.... What if I get stabbed or raped or something? Haha.

And those of you who do other types of supplemental income, what other ideas are out there? I need something I can do on the weekends. I have no connections for baby sitters (and refuse to go outside of the family anyway). my hubbs works 12 hour days Mon-Fri. I need to contribute somehow!
Thanks for reading, Ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• I think you should call various local cleaners, invite them over, see what they do and for what price. That way you'll hear it right from the "competition". Then you can price accordingly.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:31 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I was moving out of a small house that was basically clean. I didn't have the energy to do final floor washing, wipe out fridge, ect. I called someone about cleaning thinking it would maybe be $50. They came and wanted $300 for 2 people for 2 hours. I called around and other cleaning people said that was about what they would charge! I ended up doing nothing and the house was so clean the landlord was fine with it.

That is $75 an hour!
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I make extra money working online. I've cleared over 14k in the last year, it's not a way to get rich, but you can avoid retail/fast food jobs by doing it. You can see what I'm doing at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/ if you're interested. (Everything posted is free)

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 2:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I also make extra money from home online and offline.

We get daily pay and the legal benefts are amazing.

To get information on this please go to www.NewCareer4ME.info

or call 1-800-605-0293 if you have dial up.

Have a great day!

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:06 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• You could maybe get a contract cleaning up after people move out or cleaning office buildings. You could find a partner to go with you so you don't get assaulted. More fun to work in pairs anyway.
    Anonymous

• I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They contain excellent resources, ideas and information.  Also, I have a Blog about computer jobs sorted into those that pay via Paypal and those that pay utilizing other means.  You can check them all out at my website:

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2009