how is making fun of a religion going to help us learn to co-exist?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It's not....same as saying someone is going to a Gods idea of hell or saying that goddesses are nonsense. They all tear us down as people.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Bullying on one religion definitely does not help us to co-exist peacefully. I wish everyone could just learn to accept all kinds of people--however different we may be, we are all so similar too. Where does this question come from? I mean, what did you experience that made you want to ask this?
    AmyJoost

Answer by AmyJoost at 1:27 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• bet yet everyday I see the Christian religion put down just as much if not more by the same people who say we should co-exist. I just doesn't sound right to me.
    Anonymous

• Making fun of someone else's beliefs is not going to help us get along. But it happens here all the time. I just saw someone making fun of people who believe in a young earth in another post. Not nice.

However, I think it is great for us to discuss our beliefs. Even when we disagree, even when we believe in hell.

I am glad someone told me I was wrong and I was going to hell. I looked into it I began to change my mind. I became a Christian and I am not going to hell now. I am glad people talked to me about their beliefs.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I see the Christian people put down a lot. I think I notice it more though because they are really making fun of me.

But Christians go anon all the time and make fun of other people too. I wish they wouldn't because when we complain of getting made fun of, people can point fingers back at us in accusation.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• people can point fingers back at us in accusation.

honestly, when people point fingers it tends to point guilt at them. As I tell my children, you can only be responsible for you and your actions.
    Anonymous

• If you're referring to the Pastafarianism post, all the satire is trying to do is bring all religions down to earth. None should be beyond criticism. People should not be seen as insulting just for not believing in something. Some people see their religion as so sacred, that you can't even say anything about it....it's like being politically correct, it's ridiculous. If you refrain from questioning anything just because you might insult someone, then important issues will never be brought up and things will never get better.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• uhm don't try to make this something it is not metalcowgirl
    Anonymous

• You are right, it doesn't help anyone co-exist.
    sahmamax2, brought up a good point though, neither does, telling someone point blank that they hope they find the right way, or are saved, or name calling those that do not believe the same way, heathens or imps, or whatever else people get called on a daily basis.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 2:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• and telling Christians they believe in a lie in the sky doesn't help...

the first time I ever heard that expression was right here on cafemom.

It really sits on my mind how we have so much no it doesn't help but they are wrong too attitudes.

I thought na na a boo boo went out in the 2nd grade.
    Anonymous