Kmart Layaway??

I recently found out that KMart is the only store around here that has layaways. And i want to do one bc we have no where to hide gifts as we buy them lol. So i was wondering what all does kmart allow you to put on them? Ive nver been to a kmart ... i know i dont want clothes from there AT ALL. just toys. we have clothes already bought from nice stores so ... we just need toys, since we dont have a toy store near us

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Shopping

• IDK I know you have 8 weeks to pay it off. You can pay ahead of time on your payments becuase I am guessing if you do not make the 2 weeks payments your layaway is gone. SO I would pay 2 weeks ahead in case you can't do it once. You have until the 8 weeks are up so if it is for Christmas just figure out 8 weeks before CHristmas.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 10:29 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• As long as it's not food, you can use it for pretty much anything
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:06 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I'll start by answering your question. Kmart will allow you to put anything on layaway that is not on sale. If it is on sale then it can not be put on layaway. Now I will address your ignorance. First off there was no need to put in the line about buying clothes at NICE stores. That is just your way of trying to say you are better than anyone needing to buy clothes from a Kmart. Ever buy anything from Sears? Did ya know that Sears owns Kmart and Kmart carries the same clothes, tools, etc. as Sears? You can even use your Sears card at Kmart. Infact, I applied for my Sears card at the local Kmart. I go there to buy my Dhs tools because they carry Craftsman at a better price than going to Sears. Never had a problem with the Name Brand cloths we get at Kmart. Could go to Sears for the same thing but then I have to fight the Mall with kids. CONTINUED>>>>>>
    Anonymous

• It would have been possible for you to ask the same question without being so snide or implying that you are better than anyone who buys cloths at Kmart. I think that before you judge the store or anyone shopping within, you should take two minutes to walk in the doors. It is obvious that you know nothing about the store in question or the people that shop there but you still feel the need to look down your nose at them. Maybe you should just buy the toys at a NICER store and just hide them at a friends house because it is obvious that you are just too good to shop at Kmart with the rest of us pissants. By the way, I got my boy a Wii at Kmart for $199 while everyone else was paying 2x that. For others like me that enjoy a deal, the Wii is still on sale. I guess I should tell my boys that theirs isn't as good as the one bought at Bestbuy or somewhere else for $249-$299.
    Anonymous

• Anon: To answer YOUR question , no i do not shop at sears , for clothes they are very tacky looking. I didnt mean to offend. And i would have bought the Wii for 199 as well! LOL ... toys at KMART i think are the same as if they were sold somewhere else , its their clothes i have an issue w/. And if they have their own brand of toys , not sure if they do but i wouldnt trust those either. I was asking this bc i never dealt w/ layaways before.
    Anonymous

• MY point is that it is possible to ask your question without making a snide remark.( Example: I have never used Kmart layaway. What can I use it for?) See? Not offensive in anyway and is still going to get the same answer you are looking for. No need to look down your nose at anyone. You and I probably have different taste in clothes but that does not make you any better than me, just different. This is why so many questions go without good answers on here, because of people that feel that because they don't like something they are better than others. You can go ahead and spend thousands on clothes, I will continue to spend hundreds, that works for me and my family because we enjoy the things we can do with the extra money. Like paying off our house in our twenties so that we have one less bill each month. Having our cars paid for so that we don't have to worry about losing them if we hit a rough spot.
    Anonymous

• Beer, wine, flamable products, food, perishables, live plants, oil, chemicle based products, photo finishing, portrait studio pictures, gas additives, dated magazines,paint thinner, prescription drugs, pool chemicles, cell phones, beepers, and pcs.
    You do know that you have to pay every 2 weeks on your layaway? I talked to them though and they let oyu pay ahead of time. Because I live 45 minutes from the closest Kmart going every 2 weeks wasn't happening. You have 8 weeks to pay it off.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 2:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Wording it that way would have made me sound like an idiot ... "What can i use a layaway for?" seriously? ...

And i agree , it is nice having a house and cars paid off ... ours has been like that for quite sometime. And its wonderful!! And we enjoy what we do w/ extra money as well.
    Anonymous

• ibelongtojesus: oh ok every 2 weeks isnt bad. we were going to put like $40 down every other friday because were barely ever near our kmart enough for our payments to be there on time lol.
    Anonymous

• Seriously, your question as well as your responses make you sound like an idiot as well as a stuck up bitch. Seeing as how you are a millionaire, how about you just go ahead and buy the toys somewhere else and buy a storage facility to hide them in. Better yet, just buy another house to put them in. I am going to move on from this question because you made it clear that you are not here for real help, you just want a forum to make yourself feel better than others. I feel sorry for you because more often than not, people who feel they are better than others and only worried about being better than others are the ones that really have nothing to brag about. I am more likely to brag about my wonderful husband and my smart, beautiful children, then I am about where I bought their clothing. My family is great no matter the Brands covering their bodies. We are more than that. We value people over labels. Good luck.
    Anonymous