• In the Spotlight:

Did you know you can't steal a bible?

I thought this was a little funny. I just had lunch with an old friend. We were catching up on things. You know the normal chit chat about college and stuff from 20 years ago since high school. Well she worked in a hotel right after college before she got married.

One day she was doing a room check and noticed the Bible was missing. She asked for a new Bible because someone stole the bible. Her supervisor said, "you don't steal a Bible, you borrow it. You might borrow it for a long time but you don't steal it."

We got a good chuckle over that. Did a small smile creep on your face?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I knew a Preacher who had his Bible removed from his car while grocery shopping. Others tried to get him to call the police and report it but he was not hearing it. He said, "I am glad that person in need of a Bible was able to get one. I pray they use it for good." I was a child at the time but now I understand why he was so happy to have his Bible taken.
    Anonymous

• That is cute : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:34 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Actually the Bibles in hotel rooms aren't the property of the Hotel. The tradition started back with the Gideons who now place more than 45 million Bibles annually in Hotels, prisons, etc. For the sole purpose of having them available to those who wish to "borrow" them
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• it was a joke Kristi---just a joke. Two old high school friends laughing over lunch and catching up. We were not having a history class just laughing and I thought the story could bring a smile to the face of a few.

Just a joke...nothing more...
    Anonymous

• yes Anon, and Kristi was just adding another point to your post.
    IF you don't want responses, don't post it in the first place.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 2:23 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• oh dear---I didn't say I didn't want a response. wow some of you just get on here to fight don't you.

I wasn't having a history lesson just sharing a funny story...

woo I found a few people who need a bible.
    Anonymous