Has anyone ever been told it's a boy only to give birth to a girl?

This just happened to a friend of mine and now I am nervous!! She was told 100% boy three times!! I had a 4d sono and we were told boy, but they could only see it in 2d because he would hide "it" in 4d. I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone. How shocked were you? My friends hardest thing was coming up with a name because she had a boy's name she just loved picked out. I know it is common to be told girl and a boy pops out, just wondering who experienced this. Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• This is really really uncommon. Like you said sometimes they'll be hiding boy parts and say its a girl and its a boy but its a lot harder for a sono tech to see an imaginary penis.
    I did have a friend who had a boy when she thought it would be a girl but they'd only had one sono and this was years ago. She was not happy. She had to bring her little boy home and put him in a pink butterfly crib lol.
    Anonymous

• My Aunt and Uncle were told that they were having a boy and they had a little girl (Erica)
    KayLundy3

Answer by KayLundy3 at 2:34 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• It's pretty uncommon, like the 1st post said. My friend Abby was supposed to be a boy and came out a girl. But, this was also 25 years ago and her mom only had 1 ultrasound. But, still it happens! Good luck!
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 3:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• My younger sister was supposed to be a boy & came out a girl... my parents had EVERYTHING picked out for a boy, name & all.
    mrs_patterson

Answer by mrs_patterson at 3:11 PM on Oct. 8, 2009