I Have Post Partum Depression...

I am currently dealing with PPD. Originally me and my husband wanted 3 kids. We have one now and I am having second thoughts on #3. Sometimes I can't fathom having a second child. What if I am prone to going through PPD with each child? I am so afraid. It takes a lot out of me emotionally and physically and I'm sure my family is suffering from my illness too.

My husband says I don't know what you're going through, but you'll look back on this 20 years from now and laugh. I hope I do, but right now being in the thick of it, I am afraid to have more kids.

I just wish it would go away so we can continue with our plans without me having second thoughts!

Just needed to get it off my chest...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Health

• I am so sorry...have you talked with your doctor about it? I know that there are forums on CM about PPD...they may be able to help you cope a little better with this.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:55 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I agree.. Talk to your doctor, wait till you get better, then think about #2.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I am glad you feel better you have gotten this off your chest.
    Still the problem remains with your husband wanting another child.
    I would get help if not getting it already. I would discuss this right away with your husband you are your own person and you control your own body. I did the same thing to my husband he took it very well because i found out he didn't want another baby right away either. I was suprised.

Having this doesn't make you any less of a woman than i am or she is.
    I have struggled with this myself i got help for this condition
    I will never laugh at this disease i just try to educate the one's whom are infected. You will be in my thought's and prayer's if you ever need to talk about somthing i am alway's around!
    Keeping you
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 2:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2009