Husband Problem ..

Well .. My husband is a big time gamer and he plays WOW, We both do, but when the kids are up, i dont touch the game. He sticks them in their room when im not home and he ignores them, the other day my 1 year old daughter got into some beads and swallowed a lot of them, i didnt know about it till that night when i got off from work and she had a diaper full of them - she was okay and passed all of them but - i was like - why wernt you watching her, He is a really good dad and works his butt off but that all he does on his free time is WOW. The grass is knee high, and i cant get him to help me with the house. All he does when im at work is feed the kids, give them a bath, puts them in bed and gets BACK on the game, there isnt a minute at home without the game, i am fed up with it, what should i do, talking to him does no good, everything always ends up my fault. I love him, but i cant take anymore of this. Please help me!!!!!!!

AprilWest2193

Asked by AprilWest2193 at 1:57 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Are you assuming that he will do it or are you asking him to do it? I found that even if something was obvious that it needed done, that my DH wouldn't do it or was blind to it unless I told him it needed done. I give him a daily honey-do list (and make sure that I am doing my share) and that way I am a happier woman. When he throws a fit telling me that I am ordering him around, I simply ask if he would have done it if I didn't put a list together.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I'd find someone else to watch the kids. So many men are addicted to WOW and tune everything out. This time it was just beads. Are you willing to risk something worse? Dad has proved he's not going to be responsible as a babysitter.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:02 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• So, he wasn't concerned enough that his lack of parenting could have put his child in the er for surgery? That this is a form of child neglect? does he not realize that if something happens and your child goes to the er for something like this, that CPS can be called and that's a whole load of trouble you don't need?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:02 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I cant get another babysitter - i really dont know what to do. I gave him a ear full when the bead thing happened. And nothing else has happened since them, whats getting my goat now is the face that he doesnt DO anything to help me - i just feel like going back to work was a HUGE mistake - but we cant afford me not working. Its all effed up and crazy! I need help, and i am not getting it.
    AprilWest2193

Answer by AprilWest2193 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I know how you feel, but as for your man, maybe family counseling? He needs to see that his kids need emotional connection with him. My hubby is same way. It's not WOW but it's tv or computer or anything to help him veg out and forget the stress of his job. I know it is so frustrating.
    Maybe he just doesnt' really know how to play with the kids?
    Could you possibly quit your job and do full time child care or something at home? That way you could be home with your kids but also make money. Just some ideas I have.
    As for the first 2 responses, I'm not so sure they need to be soo freaked out. My kids have swallowed plenty of stuff, when I was right there. You know every parent has a similar story. Just be thankful he's not doin drugs, or drinking every night, gosh, it could be so much worse. But good luck to you, I really hope you guys work this out..
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 2:19 PM on Oct. 8, 2009