breast reduction question

i have like DDD breast and am a bfing momma i really wanna get a reduction and a lift, i am only 27 and with my first child who is 8 months old i plan to have at least one more maybe two children and would be defisated if i wasnt able to nurse them but really dont want to wait untill im 40 to get it done.. has anyone had any problems or success after a reduction or know anyone who had? thanks

melis1029

Asked by melis1029 at 2:19 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I know of several ladies that have had it done...One lost her nipple from an infection and the others had varying levels of sensitivity left (some had no feeling in their nipples) and of the 2 that got pregnant, they could not nurse.

You can nurse if you are going up but going down, if you have to have the nipple relocated, they have to cut all the nerves and ducts to reattach.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• You shouldn't get a reduction if you are planning on having another baby and want to nurse. BF reduces breast tissue, so all the money you spend would be a complete waste. Wait until after you're done with kids.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 2:23 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I'd put the surgery off...I've seen too many moms with reductions who've had problems. And worse...they get reductions and get pregnant again, and most of the benefit of the reduction disappears!

Answer by gdiamante at 2:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I know a lady who bf after a reduction. She was my boss and everything was wonderful but i think that you have to be careful and get a good dr. I'm seriously considering one too but i'm nervous that if i have another baby they'll just get huge again. I have a 10 month old and want at least one more, but have boobs that are in the G category isn't really working for me.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 2:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I'm waiting till I'm done. Check out BFAR.org. DDD is nothing. I'm a J.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:14 PM on Oct. 8, 2009