What Do you think? (Very Long)

I put my daughter in daycare, she's 2 1/2. I started to see some pr. After that they hired some really nice Teachers The lead Teacher which I loved got very I'll and ended up quitting. Then they moved the Assistant teacher up into the lead position. Then brought in a new assistant. For about 3 months everything was great. then I started to see some negative things. I would drop off my daughter and neither of the teachers would say hi or even acknowledge my daughter or me. Then after I started to drop her off I would peek in the window of the room to see how she was doing. They would leave her standing in the middle of the floor and not say anything to her. On top of that her clothes would be slopped with food at the end of the day (when she has 2 pairs of clean clothing in her bag. Her nose would be crusted with snot and she became very angry, unhappy and aggressive at home. They use to bag her sheets and have them for me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• OP CONTINUED!!! When the got dirty.. Then one day I just went and got them myself, they were full of dirt and grass with dried paint on them. I was disgusted. Are you telling me day after day they put those on like that and let my daughter sleep in them like that!? I started to worry more. I put her 2 weeks in did some research and enrolled her into another center. A Early

Preschool program with degreed Teachers. So fast Forward today after today my daughter has one more week there (she only goes 2 days a week). I walk in with my daughter they just stare at me rolling their eyes, no hello to me or my little one. I put her in circle time and walk out the room she is still being ignored. I can't believe I go to sign her in and I tell the director that I'm really frustrated and this is one of the reason I'm taking her out. She hops up and says she will take care of it. They talk to these teaches and nothing ever changes..
    Anonymous

• um i would be talking to the supervisor. and i would remove my child
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:23 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• OP CONTINUITED!!!
    I would just like to have you ladies honest take on this?. I'm a new mom and I don't want to be the annoying picky mom. But I expect a certain level of care when we are talking about the most precious person to me, my little girl.. Also this time I only went to the center directors Do you think I should call the district manager at this point and voice my frustration even though she won't be attending the school anymore?
    Thanks Ladies!! Thanks I wanted too know what you guys thought and I needed to vent too..
    Anonymous

• is there anyone above the director that you can go to? It sounds like there is a bigger issue here and it is effecting your daughters behavior.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• OP Here... Jade, Yes there is I was wondering if you Ladies thought even though next week is my DD's last week if I would go to the District Manager? anyway and voice my concerns?
    Anonymous

• I think you should for peace of mind and ALL the other little ones going there.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:01 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Such things are making me mad! I worked in German Day Care and Kindergarten and we had 30 kids and 2 teachers and never ever was one kid standing in the corner or alone. There was always a lil chat with the parents!

I would take her out ASAP. This is not a good Day Care Center at all. Even if they have a lot of kids in it, they should at least say Hi to you and your lil one and should welcome her in the playgroup or circle time. They also should take care of her personal needs like cleaning the nose if it's runny and should change her into new clothes if the one she wears are dirty. Also the teachers behavior shows, that they could care less what's going on. This is also a risk factor!
    Try to find another Day Care Center or a private Day Care Provider!

Take good care! Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• You should say something even if it is her last week. Think about all of the other children that could be suffering there. Go as high as you can, and pull her out as fast as you can.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I would most def go above the director no matter how many days she has left. Most daycares are mont by DCF I would file a complaint and have them check into it. I had this same prob. one day with a home daycare. Final straw came when I went to pick my then 2yr olod up and they had left he and other kids in the care of a 13yr old child while the lady who should have been watching her ran to the DMV to renew her DL. I pulled her out that day, and dared her to ask me for any payments owed
    Durenda1982

Answer by Durenda1982 at 8:28 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• you can call social services in your area and let them know about this and find out if there has ever been any problems. social services keep files on all daycare centers. they are who you should call
    Anonymous