study..'benifits wrecked the British work ethic'?

Ladies who would of thunk it? Have alot of us not been saying this for quite some time now? esp being that we now have a president and admin who want to go this route as well now

The stigma that once went with claiming benefits rather than working for a living has been lost, a study has claimed.
The work ethic that inspired successive generations has ebbed away in the face of the welfare state.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1218873/Benefits-wrecked-British-work-ethic-new-study-claims.html#ixzz0TMzpOIRl

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 2:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:22 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Makes sense to me. If you give every kid in the class a B no matter what, why would anyone study? They'd just take the B handed to them for doing nothing.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 2:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Heck, if I didn't have to work and I could take half of my SILs salary, I'd do it too!
    Anonymous

• What are benifits?
    Anonymous

• oh sheesh BENEFITS anon lol now do you have anything of real value to add? You know some kind of real response pertaining to the article?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:08 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• In many cases binifits....benefits are necessary but I hate it when people pretend to be disabled or have many kids or share kids...heh...in order to get disability or mothers' binifts...uh, benefits. But.....stop your preaching. Just don't tell me any of these sources and links are credible.
    Anonymous

• Dumb arse anon cannot even mock me correctly lol

Show us how they are not credible please...

I guess you are not capable of using LOGIC..and seeing the same garbage happening here in the US
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:35 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I just love it when people quote the Daily Mail like it's a real new source instead of a crappy tabloid rag. What's up next? A hard hitting expose from the national enquirer or a report on bat boy from the weekly world news.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 3:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• rhonda whats wrong logic doesnt suit you well?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:42 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Don't need an article to see that if there is no incentive to work the masses will be more lazy. If my sister made 300k a year but her wealth was redistributed so I could have half of it what incentive do I have to do anything for myself. My sister sees I am getting for free what she works for and quits so she can live free and easy like I do. Neither one of us would have anything. That is what is going to happen here if we are not careful. Our county is becoming more reliant on the Gov and others to provide for them. At our mall you see many uninspired, lazy and bored teens who think we owe them the world. They know they don't have to work or be responsible someone will bail them out. We wonder why our country is going down hill and not the world leader in everything like we once were. My husband works hard for his money and it is not easy to hand over a full 38 percent of it. We shouldn't have to pay in that much.
    Anonymous