if the father does not belive that he is the father do i get a test done or what

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ABSOLUTELY!
    AngelOnBoard

Answer by AngelOnBoard at 2:27 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Are you guys together? I would STRONGLY recommend that you do the test, even if you are together. If you arent together, when you apply for child support, he will probably petition paternity and then a DNA test will be done. Off on an thru our 5 year marriage my husband "joked" around that our son wasnt his. We divorced in July and I applied for child support and he petitioned paternity of our son, who is now FIVE YEARS OLD. So today, my son & I are going down and getting a DNA test done. I wish we would have just done it sooner so that I didnt have to come up with a lame ass reason as to why they are swabbing his mouth (I told him they want to make sure he is brushing his teeth well enough) becuase I REFUSE to tell him that his daddy is questioning him.

Even if there is 0% chance your child is anyone else's (like me, unless I had a 16 month pregnancy, his dad IS the father) I would do it just to shut him up now
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• If you want to pay for it there are DNA labs you can send samples to yourself.

Go to google and type in dna paternity to find out more. It looks like it could be as low as $80.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:06 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• If you take him to court for child support and he refuses and says he's not the father they absolutely will order him to have a DNA test
    Anonymous

• My husband's "dad" tried to deny being the father. My mother in law had to have a test done in order to get child support.
    AngelOnBoard

Answer by AngelOnBoard at 4:30 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• If he's really that worried that its not his, I've heard of them taking a test sample at birth.

My mate at times seems to think I may have screwed around with him and someone else (which is crapola, seeing as I hadn't had sex with anyone else but MYSELF as far back as 3 months before he and I got together), so if he continues to think that way-- it'll be done.

If this is more of a case of 'its not mine, I'm not gonna pay/be involved' you NEED to get a test done. There's no reason a miracle should be shunned like that-- and you NEED to know for your own satisfactions as well. I know I would.
    Anonymous