How long after stopping birth control did you get pregnant?

I was on nuvaring for almost a year after having my daughter (16 months) and i have had 2 miscarriages this year, the last one was september 4th. I went on the pill for the last month because my dr said it was the nuvaring that caused my miscarriages. Anyway i finished the pack about a week ago and had a normal period since the 4th so my dr gave me the go ahead to try again. What are my chances of having another miscarriage and how long after stopping birth control did you get pregnant? Any experiences or input would be helpful. Thanks

jnsdrf

Asked by jnsdrf at 2:28 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriages. Your doctor is probably right. Unfortunately, for some reason, they choose not to share this information BEFORE women begin using it.

I was on the pill for a few months when we first got married. I stopped taking it and got pregnant the next time I ovulated (a few weeks later). But they say, to be on the safe side, to use other protection for the first few months to make sure all the chemicals/extra hormones are completely out of your system, as they can cause birth defects or spontaneous abortions.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• It took me about 4 months after stopping. My periods were very irregular at first but they started regulating themselves each month until I got pregnant.
    Anonymous

• 5 months after the ring
    Anonymous

• we only used condoms before we started trying & we got pregnant within the first month!! Good luck! Sorry to hear about your MC!
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 2:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I got pregnant while on birth control. I had an IUD in for a little over a year and am now about 12 weeks pregnant so i had to have it removed.
    Anonymous

• It took me only a little over month to get pregnant after I stopped taking Orth-Lo. I was on BC pills for about 10 years. I figured it would take me a long time to get pregnant since I was on the pill for so long, but I was so wrong. Thank goodness I was on BC for all those years! Good Luck
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 2:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I was ortho-lo too and I stopped it and got pregnant the first month TWICE after stopping it.
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 3:04 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• i was on the pill, then we stopped, and i was pregnant in like 1 or 2 months,. i think i had one period then the next time i didn't cause i was pregnant. i used to have really irregular periods and ive heard its easier to get pregnant right after coming off birth control cause it is kinda stablizing ur periods or something and i wonder if that was the reason it happened so easily, cause i figured it might be difficult due to the irregular cycles. as for the miscarriages, i have no idea, but i sure hope everything works out ok for u :)
    sammybear71

Answer by sammybear71 at 3:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• 1 month

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• 2 weeks after getting off BC I was pregnant.Was not expecting that having been on the pill for 17 yrs...lol
    elismommy608

Answer by elismommy608 at 4:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2009