where to donate...

I am at the point where I don't want to donate my money because so many organizations aid in the slaughtering of babies.

Does anyone know of a Christian based organization that will not use the money to kill babies? United Way is out and so is Susan Kormen and PP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• What is PP?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:33 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• La Leche League was founded by 7 catholic women.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:59 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I don't know. I can tell you to stay away from the Catholic Childrens fund. While they don't donate any money to those types of orgs. they do use over 70% for things like pay hikes and retreats for the owners and workers rather than donating the majority to their cause.

I have a list of charities on my website, but you would have to do your homework on them first. I would recomend www.gfa.org first... But feel free to look through them all. http://www.sabrinascloset.info/be-giving.php

Anonymous

• I hear ya : )

We have to be so careful with where we send our money. And certain "well respected" organizations are less than respectable. Here are some organizations that I trust and contribute to.

Gospel for Asia

Family Research Council

The Joshua Fund

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:31 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• PP is Planned Parenthood
    Cinnamon-mom

• they do use over 70% for things like pay hikes and retreats for the owners and workers rather than donating the majority to their cause.

please give a source for this. The owners of Catholic Charities is the Catholic Church.
    Anonymous

• just curious...why would the Susan Komen foundation use money to support abortion?

also, where would you find this information? i looked on the website of my fav charity & couldnt find anything about abortion. but i would look into the YWCA...they take care of raped women & abused women & their children...i dunno about abortion tho.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Try donating locally to a church or local non profit. That way you can see first-hand where your donation goes, and maybe have a little more control over the uses of it.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 5:52 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Look locally. Soup kitchens, homeless shelters, etc. They fund directly to the causes and you can ask them any questions that you may have. Any non-profit must make available to you (upon request) a statement, which lists the % going toward the actual charity compared with the % going to administrative fees, etc. This is a requirement of the IRS for them to remain a non-profit.
    Anonymous

• Look for a Women's Care center in your area. http://www.womenscarecenter.org/index.html They do everything except abortion for women.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 12:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2009