Language around my son

My son is 5 months old and we live with my parents and two little brothers. I'm trying to clean up my language because I know that kids mimic everything they hear. However my 14 year old brother has recentlybegun using language that I do not want my son using when he is older. He has even told my son to shut up on occasion! How can I get it through his head that he really needs to watch his language because my son will mimic it if he hears it? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• You have to be consistant and firm with your brother, but it will only work if your mom is on board to discipline him if he continues. Try to get your bro to be a positive influence in his life and let him see how fun it can be to teach something good..may not work at 5 months but later he can teach him stuff.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• You may have to move out.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:58 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I dont have the money to move out though.
    Anonymous

• Unless you are the parent or legal guardian of this boy, you are powerless.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:11 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• rkoloma, I am this childs mother. I'd like to think I have at least some control over the environment my child grows up in.
    Anonymous

• Never mind Rkoloma, I misunderstood what you said.
    Anonymous