Thank God for unanswered prayers...

While this is a great country western song have any of you looked back years later and Thanked God for saying no to a prayer?

Facebook has brought back some old friends and all I can say is thank God he did not answer my prayers! I only wish I was as in tune with God back then as I am now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ofcourse. The way I see it is if God does not answer your prayers it is not because he is not listening, it is because that is what is best for you. When your heart is broke you tend to ask for things that are really bad for you.

So yes Thank God for unanswered prayers.
    Anonymous

• no, i thank God for saying NO to a prayer. God doesn't not answer a prayer, he always does.
    Anonymous

• No, I'm not someone that prays for things I don't need. So, I have never had a prayer that I can say I am thankful wasn't answered.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:23 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• lol OK your are right on that angle anon-God does answer he just says no :)

I still thank God for not giving me the answer I was looking for. I kind of do look at it as an unanswered prayer. Kind of like when a child ask if they can get a new car for Christmas and the parents don't have the money to entertain the idea. God knew what was best for me :) and just kept on moving forward. Thank God!
    Anonymous

• i say that too cause if i had married someone else shortly before i found my husband i wouldn't be married to the better man.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:33 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I saw a couple old crushes' myspace or facebook or something pages... I was SOOOOO thankful those wishes never came true! One is still a cocky asshole and the other turned out to be an alcoholic womanizer. I really dodged a bullet on those two acounts!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:07 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Yes, there have been several times that I have thanked God for saying no.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 8:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• yep i have looked back and thanked God for the no's.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 10:11 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Most definitely. I prayed for foolish things when I was younger, not really realizing it. But God knew what I needed and gave me that instead. Thank you, God!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:07 PM on Oct. 8, 2009