How are montessori and monastery child care centers different from the other child child care centers around?

What does montessori and monastery mean? Do those centers have their own views when it comes to caring for children? Would you reccomend putting a child in this type of child care center?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• A montessori school teaches independence mostly. My son is 17 months and goes to a montessori school/daycare...It was wonderful! He is such a smart little boy and likes to do a lot of things on his own already...Everything is me me me! I believe a monastery is for nuns!! haha! Seriously though, they are 2 completely different things/
    jmoran

Answer by jmoran at 4:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• A Montessori school is based on the studies and opinions of Maria Montessori. They are conducted in such a way that a child is allowed to progress at their own developmental pace, earning rewards or responsibilities as they grow. They teach independence, and are a good idea for a child who does not learn well in an extremely structured environment wher you learn A at this point, then B at that point, then C. Check out this for the run-down on the theories behind Montessori school: www.montessori.edu/method.html
    Monastery schools will vary by area. You should call the local one to find out their philosophy about teaching and early childhood development, etc.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 5:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• yep what they said. My dd goes to a montessori school and loves it. She is 4
    MummyOf2ooo

Answer by MummyOf2ooo at 1:39 PM on Oct. 9, 2009