should it still be hard to breathe at 35 weeks....is this normal??

along with nausea and vomiting and headaches

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yup I'm 37 weeks having trouble breathing but I'm not sure about nausea and headaches better ask the doc.
    Tams_jade

Answer by Tams_jade at 2:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I'm 31 weeks and can't breath, headaches, nausous and throwing up. Dr. told me it's completely normal. It's all those lovely hormones! :) Plus that baby is taking up a lot of room and your lungs are all squished, thus making it harder to breathe. Hang in there mama, you're almost there!
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 3:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Yes, all those symptoms are quite common around this time. I'm almost 37 weeks~I have astma on top of it, so my breathing has been difficult off and on. The headaches started a little bit this week for me. Try and relax and much as possible, and if you still have any concerns, it's best to talk to you doctor.
    Good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:24 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• The uterus is pushing against the diaphragm causing problems with the breathing. Take slow deep breaths to lift that diaphragm up. This is why Lamaze and breathing techniques is so important. It's not just for labor. it's to get through this part as well. It helps you stay in control of what's going on with your body.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:57 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• We found out at 35 weeks that my baby was breech, and that is why it was so hard for me to breathe. It got more and more difficult up until my scheduled c section at 38 1/2 weeks.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 7:31 PM on Oct. 8, 2009