would you rather be induced or have a scheduled birth just so you would know exactly when the baby is coming or have it be a surprise ??

im debating on my decision because i hate not knowing .....whats your opinion ??

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 2:59 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'd rather it be a surprise and let it just happen naturally. Unless there is a medical reason to rush it, of course.
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 3:01 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• i have given birth 3 times and 2 out of the 3 times i had to be induced for medical reasons. I am pregnant with baby #4 and i would much rather it be a suprise than to be induced. But maybe that is just because i have been induced twice already. I LIKE suprises!!!
    team21

Answer by team21 at 3:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• i had my son via c-section, and when i got pregnant with my dd i wanted a normal birth so bad. i wish i had my son naturally, and when the doctor said i needed a c-section with my dd ( she was a week late) i cried my eyes out. so i'd say go for the natural way. also, you never know if your due date is correct. they could be off, you just never know.
    Anonymous

• I'd much rather it happen naturally for once. Last 2 times it was a surprise until they informed me it was time to induce but nonetheless I didn't know when it was going to happen til that last doctor visit. This time I'll have my exact date of cesarean section so I'll be able to make arrangements and all but I'd much rather be going in for an unexpected VBAC.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:06 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I would much rather go into labor on my own then be induced like i was but know that my tubes are tied i guess i will never have my wish.
    Anonymous

• naturally/surprise because the other way is too risky. i wouldn't endanger myself or my child like that. my guess is you have not been informed of the risks of induction, so you better google it :)
    Anonymous

• Both of mine were induced and to be honest I really kind of feel "cheated" by not having the "Oh my Gosh my water broke" or "Oh my gosh, it's happening" moment of going into labor spontaneously!!!
    lissa27504

Answer by lissa27504 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• yet another one of the infamous "you dont know about it or you would think like me" anons.
    I was induced, I was induced 3 times for the same child. Just because they tell you you are going to induce you does not mean you WILL have the child. But I like the idea that I will be told on x day you will go to the hospital. For me that makes planning easier. I would like the surprise as well, but for me the plan would make my life easier.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 3:24 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• NO, i believe babies should come when they are ready. Induction is not risk free and i would never take that kind of risk with my own and my babies life for convenience.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 3:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Inductions increase your risk of complications, cesarian and even infant mortality. Knowing the date, to me, is not worth the risk.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:27 PM on Oct. 8, 2009