hard question...

how do you tell a 3 and 4 yr old that you and daddy are separating?

idebusashes

Asked by idebusashes at 3:13 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• You just say daddy is not going to live with us anymore.

Answer by louise2 at 3:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• My daughter was 4. I was the one who left because EX had 2 other children that he had full custody of. I went to live at a friends, & i just took her with me. When she asked, i told her that we're staying there because this is better for me & your father. She did throw out some questions here & there. I never said that daddy & i are mad, i just said that we both had different things going on & need to live seperately. She understood that we were separating, i pretty much tried to make it sound like it was not a horrible thing, & she never thought it was.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• thank you ladies. i am trying to make this as easy as possible on them. theyve already have to endure so much.
    idebusashes

Answer by idebusashes at 3:28 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• whatever you do, tell them together (as in you and their father tell them together). and make sure they both know, that you and their father still love them very dearly and make it clear it's not THEIR FAULT---just that you and Daddy are better off apart.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 5:06 PM on Oct. 8, 2009