My son is used to going to bed late at night but because he'll be starting school next week there's going to be a lot of early nights.I need some help on how to get him to bed early since he's up all day so he's overtired daily and I'm too blame since I don't go to bed early myself so p0lease somebody help me?

wandaluv

Asked by wandaluv at 3:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• The best advice I can give, and what really worked for us is to just set the alarm (tomorrow) for when you will need to get up for school - then get up. Both of you. Keep doing it. The first few days may be hard, but if you've only got a few days or a week to go, you need to get you all in the practice of getting up early. Earlier bedtimes will follow - I can promise that!
    Anonymous

• I always started a few weeks ahead (try now!) to put them to bed a little bit earlier every night. Start getting him up earlier now, so that he'll be tired at bedtime, and every night put him to bed a little earlier.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:19 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• well you should have started this earlier so he had time to adapt! WHat I did with my kids who at age 2 and 3 stayed up till 10P was every noght we went down ealrier and earlier. I expected it to be hard but it wasn't that bad. I did it with enough time though by the time I started working FT (they had to be up early to go to day care) they were use to it. Now all kids go to bed by 8PM! How different than back in the day:) They are less crabby since we started bedtimes though! WHo knew? LOL
    Anonymous