At the end of times we will turn from God?

I have heard a few of you say something like this. I can't remember the exact words. Is this in the bible? If so can you tell me where or just copy the verse?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Hmmm...if that's so, then we're no where near the end of times.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:20 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• The Bible says that "some" will depart from the faith. This is happening and it is obvious even here. How many people here have left Christianity?

"The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons." 1 Timothy 4:1
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• If you are interested in the "end times" prophesies you might want to check out Donald Perkins.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• it says many will turn away... i will come back and give scripture reference if no one beats me to it. and actually there has been a great turning away.. will also come back with stats if i get a chance.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 3:39 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• cinnamon mom, do you have an interpretation on "later times"

I feel the need to tell you I am asking but not a guarantee that is how I will believe. I always take in the words and digest them to come up with my conclusion. I do think listening to others will aid me in making an informed interpretation of my own.
    Anonymous

• When Jesus was talking about the last days He was referring to the period of time before God would pour out His judgment on the earth and destroy everything in it. It is the time of the Second Coming/ The end of the world (Matthew 24:3-39). When we see all the signs BEGIN, we will know that the end is near (Luke 21:28). If you click on the link I gave you it will list the signs. Also a good video to watch is Countdown to Eternity. You can watch it on youtube at this link (part 1).

It is good for you to look into this topic.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:53 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• 2 Thessalonians 2:1 Now, dear brothers and sisters,[a] let us clarify some things about the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and how we will be gathered to meet him. 2 Don’t be so easily shaken or alarmed by those who say that the day of the Lord has already begun. Don’t believe them, even if they claim to have had a spiritual vision, a revelation, or a letter supposedly from us. 3 Don’t be fooled by what they say. For that day will not come until there is a great rebellion against God and the man of lawlessness[b] is revealed—the one who brings destruction.
    Anonymous

• Think about it. People who are not strong in the Christian faith, when the antichrist appears and seems to be this wonderful, savior-like person, who seems to be perfect, who claims to bring peace to the world, how can some not turn away when so much tragedy and hysteria is going on in the world and turn to a person they can see and touch to help them. People turn from God when a husband/wife/child dies....Same goes for the end times.
    Anonymous

• Yes and it is happening. Everyone thinks Christians are the majority but only 2 billiob out of the 7 on earth are Christians. It is happening.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:23 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Christians ARE the majority. There are 2.2 BILLION of them. The other people belong to thousands of conflicting, different belief systems. I don't think us atheists are going to "team up" with Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, and other beliefs to "take out" Christianity. Also, Christians have an extremely comfy majority in the USA. Christianity is EVERYWHERE here. It's not going away any time soon.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2009