why do overweight ppl ttc??????

I mean why not just lose the weight first?? It is unhealthy for you and baby..........I dont get it. I am mad at my friend for doing so, now she and the baby are having issues.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Health

• The same reason skinny people have babies! It is not your place to judge her. Skinny people have problems having kids too. I understand your concern for your friend, but maybe instead of criticizing her you should help and encourage her!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 3:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Why do you care what other people do?
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 3:22 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Why do skinny women TTC. And purposely stay thin. So they will not have to loose so much weight. They put their baby in danger to stay thin.

Answer by louise2 at 3:24 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• This is a legitimate question. It can be very harmful to moms and babies. Why is everyone being so hateful.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 3:27 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• What is ttc?
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:29 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• It's true that being very overweight is a risk factor for some pregnancy complications. But you have to be VERY overweight for that to be a factor. A little overweight is not cause for concern. And most of us who are overweight are not obese... we've just got a little more to love :)

Stop worrying so much about your friend. Her issues are most likely caused by heredity more than by being overweight. Encourage her to eat healthy foods and exercise as much as she can (without criticizing or being mean) and you'll get much further than being mad and frustrated with her.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:30 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I think everyone is being so hateful because it's a dumb question. That would be like saying why do people with disablilities try to conceive? I mean the obvious answer is because they want a baby. If you looked at OP's life im sure you would find someone who didn't think she should have kids.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 3:31 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Are you seriously asking why women don't put baby making on hold indefinitely waiting for something that may never happen?
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 3:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I think a better way to word this would have been-"Why don't all people make sure they are very healthy before they TTC" And while I can agree with it (the way I worded it) in principal, I am not sure its practical. Everyone has their own definition of how you should be physically, emotionally and financially before TTC. One persons idea of the ideal time to TTC is very different from another persons. Like you can be fit and in a bad relationship, you can be overweight and financially secure, you can be single and in good health... there are just so many factors- you can not single out one over the other as being BEST.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 3:45 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Dumb question.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 4:01 PM on Oct. 8, 2009