even in science

is there an exact agreed upon idea of how the earth was formed? I know my church doesn't really care either way because what ever theory is correct it is started from God.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• A priest once explained the big bang theory to a class of mine. He said "science can factually track the formation of man, earth and the cosmos only back so far. We will get to a point where something HUGE happened. I believe that huge event was God clapping his hands together, giving them a good rub like someone ready to launch a really big idea, and from that clap came the origins of man, earth, space and everything. God being God knew science would come along to explain things and set the wheels in motion for something to be studied." It may be speculation on his part, but I have always liked that explanation.

PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 3:59 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• It depends on which scientists you talk to. I watched something the other day and they talked step by step about how the earth was formed, how and why it has this feature or that one... And those scientists believe that they do have that answer. But others say no, it's but a theory... The fact is this, the scientific community and the general public will never be satisfied even if the answer was plastered on the wall. They want an eye witness to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that "this is what happened" and since none of us were there, we can 't have that.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:52 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Did either of you have an actual yes or no answer
    Anonymous

• Of course not since no one was there to record it. But there is plenty of evidence in our solar system that are clues in how and when things got started. Man is learning all sorts of things with continued space exploration to help in the search for that answer.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:19 PM on Oct. 8, 2009