praying for a conversion...(this question is more for Christians)

How ethical is this? It happens in ALL religions--don't say it doesn't because it DOES.

I read a post the other day from a muslim mom saying she prays for the conversion of non-muslims but she doesn't pray for them in any other way. I know many Christians pray for the conversion of non Christians.

Really it doesn't bother me. I am secure in my Christian faith and if someone feels the need to pray for my conversion; pray away if you feel the need. However, talking to a friend she got offended that others might pray for her to convert to muslim.

I do pray for Jesus to stay in the life of my family, but I know that my family is Christian.

Does it bother you if muslims or other faiths pray for your conversion? Why would you care if you are secure Jesus is in your heart why not just chalk it up to a waste of time and let it go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I really glad to see that Christians aren't threatened by others praying for their conversion.

Anonymous

• Dosen't bother me! I won't ever convert to their ways. I am blood bought by JESUS!!!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 3:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• It wouldn't bother me because I still have free will. Them praying for me wouldn't automatically make me muslim.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 3:39 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Pray away... I am protected by my beliefs, those prayers will go unanswered!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 3:39 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• It doesn't bother me. I do the same thing. In the end we make our own choice.

: )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I agree with you ladies. God forgive me for thinking this, I wonder if this person is not secure in her faith and that is why she is upset? A prayer can lead us, and guide us but in the end it is our PERSONAL choice to make as God has not taken away our free will.
    Anonymous

• It should be no more offensive than a Christian praying for the conversion of non-Christians.

I pray that everyone finds his/her OWN path be that Christian, Muslim, Pagan, Atheist, etc.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:50 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I have made a personal choice in my faith but if someone hadn't prayed for me, and made me question what that meant, I would not be on the path I am on today. I personally pray not only that they find their way to my faith, but that god will be merciful if they don't.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 3:52 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I don't care if they pray for that or not. I am praying they find the truth and know Jesus before they die. They worship something that does not exist I worship a living God so my prayers can be answered there is no one to answer theirs. We all have a right to our beliefs and my faith tells me I need to pray for others. I pray for their soul and also pray for everyone in this world to have a good life, find love and peace.
    Anonymous

• Even if someone doesn't share my faith I would still consider their sincere prayers an act of love, albeit misguided. She would probably feel the same way about my prayers for her to become a believer in Christ.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 4:22 PM on Oct. 8, 2009