When do I do I pray-when do I take action?

I was sitting on my computer in front of my big front room window. My dog started perking his ears and giving a low growl. I heard voices outside. I looked out the window and saw my younger neighbor and her live in /live out- on again off again boyfriend fighting. I stayed out of it until I saw him grab her arm, next I saw him pick her up by the waist and "force" her to sit down on the porch. She yelled out in pain and I ran out the door with my husband quickly following. Suddenly she was in love again and hugged him. He yelled it is none of my business.

Not wanting to be the nosey neighbor I went inside but kept an eye on the situation from my window. The fight ended with him leaving.

When does my moral obligation to "butt in" begin? Should I let her dad know what happened while he was at work? Or just pray and MYOB?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It depends on how old she is. If she's living at her parents house absolutely inform them of the situation wouldn't you want to know if it was your daughter? Then next time call the cops. It's obvious they don't want you to interfere and you're more likely to get hurt trying to save her. Definitely pray about it and if someone life is in danger i would step in but make sure that you're aware of your own vulnerability.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 4:06 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I would have to hit 911. I would be hurt if I tried to step in. I am up there in years and never learned to fight.

The girls is about 25-28 I would say. We lived here for 10 years and the first year we lived here she was on her way to some homecoming dance at school.
    Anonymous

• She is of age to make her own decisions...now if he would have hit her infront of you, then I would have called the police and made the dad aware.

The downside is you don't know what happened before you looked...maybe they were in the house and she hit him, then walked out and instead of hitting her back, he forced her to sit and calm down...hard to really know what happened in the minutes that you saw.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:41 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I am a Christian and I required by God to pray
    Anonymous

• A prayer is wishful thinking. It will NOT help her if you sit there and say a prayer that maybe he stops hurting her.
    Anonymous

• wenona, you might be a little more convincing or even thought of a serious response if you didn't feel the need to throw in a dis towards a Christian prayer.

As of now, you are a nonsense girl who likes to stir the pot and put down Christians.

I am going to pray for you...
    Anonymous

///

I wasn't praying at the time, I was running outside to help her. My husband was behind me with his cell phone. He was going to go over there and i was going to hit 911. The problem is she saw me and started hugging him. Had I called the police she would have denied everything, I would be labled a trouble maker and the next time the police might ignore the call or take their time. I also run the risk of having charges of a false report on me.
    Anonymous

• The question I asked is when is it time to be a nosey neighbor and when do I mind my business.

I can't believe how many people are quit to jump on the anti Christian prayer ban wagon.

My husband is taking charge. It seems women only like to argue. When the dad gets home he is going to put a little buzz in his ear what we saw.

Anonymous

• Last summer I volunteered at an organization that helped batter woman. Woman came in with bruises and denied being battered. We always asked if they needed help, but we always were careful to not push because we knew if we pushed too hard for them to get help they would not reach out to us. We risked alienation making them feel even more alone.
    Anonymous

• it is documented and we will tell her dad. If I see it again I will hit 911 and her dad is going to be made aware of that in about 30 minutes.

and she will continue to get my prayers.
    Anonymous