Do you show your children daily that you love them?

I know we all tell our children that we love them, but do we make sure to show them? Do you children see your love in your actions as well as hear it in your words?

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:59 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• I meant to ask also, what are some ways you show your children your love?
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:59 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• i kiss her hug her play with her, read to her, i cuddle with her, i praised her whn she does something good. i tell how smart and beutiful she is. with my ds i tell him he is adorable i cuddle with him. they are 21/2 yrs and 7 mts
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:07 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I kiss and hug my daughter all day long! She is 15 months old today. It's so cute too, because now she picks up her babies and gives them hugs and kisses and pats their hineys.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I am always telling my little man I love him, hugging him, kissing him. I think that the best way to show kids love is to take care of them to the best of your ability, give them lots of attention and affection.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I am realizing that some women just don't have that innate nurturing that others do. I thought this question could be helpful with some women that have a hard time showing their children love.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:09 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I get up with them every morning, fix them breakfast, no not a full breakfast,just waffles, pancakes, or cereal. But I make sure they have everything they need to start their day.Make sure they get a hug and kiss before they go out to the bus. When they get home we go through their papers, help with homework. Make them a healthy supper, read to them before they go to sleep. And start all over the next day. We do things as a family, we eat at the table every night. We play ball in the front yard, go rock climbing in our jeep, camping. You don't have to spend a bunch to have family time and make your kids feel loved. We also love each other and treat each other with respect. I think when our kids see us treat each other respectfully, affection and love they do the same. I hope this answers your question...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• You bet your butt.. We are a happy touchy feely family....our home is always full to the brim with love laughter and worship!!
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Oh, yes, I am loving on my baby constantly throughout the day. He is a little over one year old and already is very affectionate himself. Randomly he will come running up to me or other family for hugs and kisses. I can't NOT show love and affection. My DF says I am the most affectionate girlfriend he's ever had. My parents were always very physically loving towards me so it comes natural. I still hug and kiss my parents and other relatives.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 4:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• We're a huggy~buggy family! I not only tell our kids I love them, but they know that they will get a hug when they come home and before they leave. My parents weren't very open with affection, so I promised myself that I would make a point of letting my family I love them daily!! :0)
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:22 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• We are all about loving on them, praising them, showing them that we love them no matter what " I love you when your silly Ansleigh, angry Ansleigh or sad Ansleigh" With a few very big scares with my children (health wise) I don't take one moment for granted and I also tell them constantly that not only are they loved by my husband and I and our family- but by God and Jesus and that we are so lucky to have them! We also let them be themselves and I think that kind of unconditional love shows a child that you really love them :)
    Sarah1220

Answer by Sarah1220 at 7:01 PM on Oct. 8, 2009