Why is he pissed when this is all his fault?

I need a medical procedure done that is not covered by our insurance because he failed to enroll his family in that part of the coverage when we got married. He thinks my parents should pay for it, but why? He knew going into this marriage that he'd be the main source of support for our family and we agreed I would not go back to work and stay home to take care of the kids so him getting upset with me for needing this procedure is not right. I can't just pull the money out of my ass and it's not my parents' responsibility to take care of me now that I'm married, right? Am I being a bitch or what??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• credit cardI agree with you. He took you on "for sickness and in health" so tell him to suck it up and dish it out. (the money)

Answer by admckenzie at 5:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• OP here-

I say it's "all his fault" because he knew he was suppose to update his insurance after we got married. Had he done that 6 months ago we would not be in this situation and our insurance would be paying for it.
    Anonymous

• no, he is the one being an ass
    Anonymous

• He knew you needed cover and agreed to you not earning your own money. Def not down to your parents to pay.
    Anonymous

• yes, it was his responsibility to make the change...but did you remind him?
    Anonymous

• It's definitely not your parents responsibility to pay....it wouldn't be anyway unless you are a minor. Your husband screwed up bigtime by not putting you in the insurance, it's definitely his fault you don't have coverage. Bottom line, his family, his responsibility to pay.

It's called being an adult.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:34 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Lesson to learn.. it's always your fault if you don't remind him. That one comes up time and again!
    Anonymous

• It's not you. He's being an ass. You shouldn't have to remind him but you'll hear that you need to. God forbid men grow up. Ever.
    Anonymous

• girl its his fault and that is why he is blaming u. if i havent learned anything else in my marriage i have learn that most of the time the man is going blame u even if you dont have anything to do with it cuz u are the only one he can blame and take the crap from it and he knows that. but look into this sometimes some policy will let u retro back and add a person if u can provide a copy of your marriage license and willing to front the back pay for the months you should have been covered as long you don have any pre exisiting clauses. also if the employer is will to write a letter saying they forgot to add you on( which is a lie but some or willing to work with you). never hurt to try. good luck and wish u the best in regards to your procedure.
    texasdelta

Answer by texasdelta at 4:55 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• These are things that really should've been discussed before marriage but that's in hindsight now. Is it something you can put off till after you're on the plan?
    Your parents definetely shouldn't be expected to pay for any of your dr bills after you're married or even after you're an adult.
    If he's young he just either wasn't thinking (no one young thinks anything's going to happen to them that's serious), or he isn't wanting to dish out the money for the insuance.
    Either way... in sickness and in health and if nothing else, he should make a payment plan if it's something serious that you need done. Again, if it's something that can wait, then I'd get on the plan and then have the procedure done.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:43 AM on Oct. 9, 2009