playing with a 2 giong on 3 year old

My nephew will be coming to our house for two weeks and I'm worried I wont have anything for him to play with. I have an 8 month old and some toys for him when he gets older... they are a ride on caterpillar, a laugh and learn house, playskool walk and ride, and a push "vacuum hippo". Will he play with my sons current toys, like a sit to stand vtech tower, drop and roll dinosaur, playskool busy ball, leapfrog musical table, and excersaucer? What are some inexpensive toys for him?

Christina2135

Asked by Christina2135 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You probably don't need to buy anything special, but if you want to get something great to keep on hand for kids of all ages buy some blocks. Everyone from toddlers to grandparents enjoy blocks at our house. We have blocks shaped like letters, bristle blocks, and tons of Leggo Duplos (for ages 1 1/2 and up). Blocks are little more expensive than a coloring book, but I bet they will hold his attention longer and also be great for your son when he's a little older. If you want something cheaper, cars or balls are usually good - you can make up lots of games with those!
    Anonymous

• paper and markers are good those keep my 2 1/2 yr old nephew busy and any cars or small toys like that they are not too picky at that age.
    Sbahns

Answer by Sbahns at 4:16 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• My bet is he'll play with anything he can get his hands on.. My son is 2 1/2 and still pulls out toys that are too young for him but he finds amusing. You might also try going to your local dollar store and looks for things. My son loves to sort pretty much anything so I've picked up different sized puff balls, wooden shapes, etc then give him a couple of plastic containers. Some times I suggest how he sort (i.e. put all the yellow ones in the round container) other times he just plays. Just watch out for him trying to "taste test" any of them. Coloring, playdoh, paint (even with water on construction paper) are also easy inexpensive things to do. You can also make up games using the baby toys like having him find a red toy, or a round toy, etc. Have fun!
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 4:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• coloring book, crayons, paints, playduh. my dd loves to read and do arts and crafts
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2009