Is there such a thing?

As a job that I can do from home that DOES NOT have a cost associated with it? That I could start immediately?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• The only thing you'll make money at is an at home business like Party Lite, Scentsy, Avon, Pampered Chef of something like that. You will have to invest anywhere from $20-$100 to get started. You don't get something for nothing.
    Anonymous

• I heard of a company called Kaiser and Blair that when you request information, they will give you a "starter packet" it has a few things that can help you get started and you don't have to pay your start up cost until you have an order that wants to be submitted, and if that order is over $1000 (I think), you don't have to pay anything to get started...once you sell the $1000 the desposit that you pay (with your first order) is refunded. The company sells logo items to businesses/schools/organizations. If I didn't feel so intimmidated I would start it (since I have the mini starter packet), but I live in a really small town, and already have a home business that I LOVE (but you have to pay buy a starter kit), so I don't feel right trying to up a new business. Good luck, but that's the only one I know of other than really cheap start ups like Avon for $10
    mammacjjc85

Answer by mammacjjc85 at 4:20 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Yes, check out the sites listed at Earn Money Online

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 4:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Nope. Any you won't make any money with the many work at home scams out there. The ones on here promoting them are usually paid by the company to do that. They only pay so many. Why not work nights at a real job where you can make actual cash. Not ideal but better than hoping the scheme of the day will actually pay off.
    Anonymous

• good luck YES! Yes you can, yes there is such a thing and YES you can start RIGHT NOW! No kidding. Click, fill out, check email and you're off! Before you think I am crazy, let me define what "free" means to me. I want to work from home,(for whatever reason),would like to be an affiliate and work my own hours, don't have the montetary means to do up front, and I want to start right now to generate an income especially with the holidays upon us! I am an affiliate with several companies. Only one was $5 to start. The others were free! Meaning, I went to site, read about the site, went to the affiliate program, filled out the needed info, then received my emails of my confirmation!

NoDramaMamma

Answer by NoDramaMamma at 6:39 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Of course you will only get better sales if you get some product to show others and to know what you're selling. All of these have great "kits" if you will, that are more than reasonably priced AND great discounts to get things also. (I would not be doing it if it weren't. Still think I am crazy, I now have more own website! Visit my page at www.taniamichellescloset.com This is my page and there you will find the companies I am affiliated with and some more info! PLEASE if you have any questions at all I am more than happy to help you or anyone else that may read this. Networking has never been so much fun and truly have met some great people and companies that are not only legitimate but are encouraging and inspiring! Good Luck to you and hope that I may have a chance to help you! Send me a pm if you like or contact me through my site! Have a good one!
    NoDramaMamma

Answer by NoDramaMamma at 6:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org , www.iavoa.com , www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching

Answer by rkoloms at 7:16 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Of course you can,

I'm an Associate for Pre-Paid Legal Services Inc.

The only thing I paid for is my brochures and corporate applications for new enrollments.

There are other voluntary things but they are not neccessary.

Aflac does everything face to face, Pre-Paid Legal Services also works that way.

other than that i can only say check out KGB, maybe you have seen their commercials go to 542542.com

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They contain excellent resources, ideas and information.  Also, I have a Blog about computer jobs sorted into those that pay via Paypal and those that pay utilizing other means.  You can check them all out at my website:

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:04 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Have a look at our website and if you are interested in finding out more, just fill in the information page on the "get more info" link. www.youcanworkfromyourhome.com You can earn either a little or a lot depending on the time and energy you have for work.

LisaPisanic

Answer by LisaPisanic at 10:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2009