Is/was your baby picky about his/her pacifier?

The hospital I had my son at didn't use the soothie, they gave him a Playtex orthadontic "Binky". I tried and tried to get him to take different ones, the ones I got before he was born, he only would take the playtex. He is 14 months now and still stuck on the playtex binky. My niece will only use NUK.

Was your baby picky about their pacifier?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes and we ended up with NUK and then at 4 months she gave it up completely.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• My boys would only use Soothies- only they didn't like the stage 2 ones, just the soft green ones.
    dannydawna

Answer by dannydawna at 4:49 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• My daughter is very picky. lol. She will only use the newborn size and it has to be green!
    lovemylittle1

Answer by lovemylittle1 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• yeah my son didn't like the kind that was supposed to be"form fitting" i don't remember the brand though, he's been off of it for months. my dd has never liked the binky, it was nice though, that way i didn't have to keep putting it in her mouth everytime it fell out while she was sleeping,
    Anonymous

• my youngest never used one.not out of my choice.boy did we have some long nights.she didnt suck her thumb or anything so i always thought she really didnt fulfill that sucking sensation....
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 5:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• my ds is like 2 other pps, he'll only take the green soothie
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• yep my son only used the mam ones but he stopped takin it at 3 months
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 8:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• my son will use the soothie if I hold it in his mouth while he fights it. He refuses to take any other kind. The only thing he will ALWAYS take to suck on is my pinky.
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 10:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Absolutely (I'm talking about my granddaughter).
    She will ONLY suck on Nuk's and will not suck on the ones that are shaped with a ridged side and flat side.
    She's 8 months old so I take it out of her mouth once she's fallen asleep and while she is playing. She only sucks on it when she is feeling ill, is hurt, or needs to calm down for sleep.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:11 AM on Oct. 9, 2009