my house

i live in a cute little house.i am very grateful for that...we have lived here for 20 yrs.neither my husband or i had money growing up so we never bought a bigger house...my question is why is it these days in my town it isnt even good enough to a little house.you have to have a mcmansion or people think your poor.people should be grateful that they have jobs never mind a house.whats up with that...

nana77500

Asked by nana77500 at 5:09 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would hate to have a big house. It would be too much effort to keep clean. We live in a little two bedroom apartment and while I would like a little more space, I don't want a lot more.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 5:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• We live in a 1540 sq ft house. 3 bed 2 bath and not one inch of wasted space. It's not big and fancy, to me it's cute and comfy. You can come in kick your shoes off, snuggle up with a furry dog and relax. Our kids have a decent yard to play in and the closest neighbor is about 1/4 mile away. We like the quiet life, I don't think I could handle living in the burbs,lol. I would be constantly looking out my window every time I'd hear something,lol... My Hubby is from England and he said our house is huge compared to where he grew up. We are proud of our home, we did all the work in it and made it what we wanted.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 6:13 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I agree with auroura. I don't want to clean a big-ass house. Also, they all look the same, cookie cutter, tract housing. Ick. I'll take a cute little house with charm and character any day.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:14 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• That's why the housing market is in the shape it is! Everyone thinks that even if they make $7 hr that they need a big fancy house they cant afford. My SO and I inherited our house from his Grandmother when she passed away. It's a very small 3 BR, 2 Bath home; but some people look down on us for not having 5000 sq ft of living space!! At least my home is paid for!
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 6:23 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Alex you got that right!! The operative word here is 'Paid For'. Hubby and I live in the country so we don't have to worry about people driving by and judging our home which is small. But our home is very comfy for the two of us in our retirement years. Kids are gone and grown. I'm retired and hubby has only 12 more days till retirement. Yea! People at his job ask him how you gonna make it? You mean you can afford to retire? Heck yes! Our priorities are different from yours was my husband's reply. We planned for retirement. ;)
    Tx2Step

Answer by Tx2Step at 7:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• We really needed our 4 BR, 3 bath home because of 3 children and 1 granddaughter (6 people family). It has about 2,200 sq ft and is comfortable for us. I think as everyone grows up and finally moves out, my husband and I may want to downsize.
    When we decided to purchase our first home, we did not want a pre-fab or brand new home. We love the older homes with character and charm, even if there are minor problems to deal with. So far, we've been able to do all the home repairs ourselves.
    Our home was built in the 70's in a nice little neighborhood where most all of the houses were built at the same time. All the older homes are different in style and the few newer homes look the same. Our house is the ONLY red house in the whole neighborhood...LOL!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:09 AM on Oct. 9, 2009