Do you know anyone who has been harmed by the Gardasil vaccine?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My DD started having arm pains and numbness after the second injection, needless to say we never went back for the third and final shot.

midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Gabby Swank is best friends relative. She was a bright happy fun girl who is slowly dying because of Gardisil. She was fine but after Gardisil she is not the same girl. I know of other cases all are so similar I can't believe the medical community tries to dimiss them.
    Anonymous

• My eldest daughter refuses to get it (and I agree with her) because one friend of hers passed out in the doctor's office right after she got it (and she still went back for the other 2 and the same thing happened), and another girl she knows had a seizure right after and then passed out (also in the doctor's office). Those two girls were perfectly healthy and had no underlying health issues. Why did that happen? Who knows, but my girls won't be getting that vaccine.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 5:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I have had nerve pain in my shoulders since receiving the vax, both in the spots where they shot me. I had always had clean paps till I got the vax, then six months after receiving it I showed dysplasia symptoms. Found out later I already had HPV when they gave me the shot, and the vax activated it when it was originally not hurting me at all. This vax is NOT SAFE. Especially when they don't test for HPV before giving it!
    Anonymous

• No, but I am not an avid supporter of new vaccinations at all, especially if they are not necessary.
    First of all, we have no cervical cancers in either of our families whatsoever. Second of all, when it first came out I knew it hadn't been out long enough to be proven to be effective and safe.
    I feel the same way about the H1N1 vaccine, too. It just came out so there is no way to tell if it is as effective and safe over the long-term.
    I have also never vaccinated my children against the chicken pox. I allowed them to catch the chicken pox as younger children so they had the immunity in their bodies. The vax doesn't cover all throughout adulthood, so if you don't catch the chicken pox and build your own immunity and the vax wears off, and you catch the virus, you can end up with shingles, which is much, much worse than the chicken pox.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:03 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Prydferthmenyw, only people that HAVE had chickenpox can get shingles, after a child gets chickenpox the virus lays dormant, once active it turns into shingles... The virus lays dormant in nerve fibers or cells and waits, sometimes they never become active again, sometimes they do and that is what causes shingles...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:51 PM on Oct. 10, 2009