how long can uncooked ground beef stay in the fridge without going bad?

I've had some in the fridge since friday night and want to use it today, is it safe or should i just throw it out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Food & Drink

• if it's still red it may be okay, smell it to make sure
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• If it frozen when you put it in, it might be ok. usually you can only keep thawed hamburger for about 5-7 days, but you can tell by the color and smell if its bad.
    mammacjjc85

Answer by mammacjjc85 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• 3 days only. The problem with ground meat is that there are so many surfaces for bacteria to grow on. After three days, (a source I saw said if you are very brave, then 4 days), throw it out.

Answer by Bmat at 5:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• THROW IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I wouldn't use it after 3 days. Just because it looks good doesn't mean it is. Google food safety or call your health department and ask for food storage and limits to keep foods.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I wouldn't keep it past its due date in the fridge, and that's usually only 3/4 days. If I know I'm not going to use ground beef within a couple of days, I just put it in the freezer.
    SelaCarsen

Answer by SelaCarsen at 9:53 AM on Oct. 9, 2009