i got 2 kids and cant take a nap! (help! -need advice from mothers with more then 1 kid)

i really need it sometimes,but my oldest is 3 yrs old and youngest is 11 mo.and i wanna nap with my 11mo old once a day.what do u do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• just because he doesn't want to take a nap doesn't mean he can't have quiet time. i have a 1 and 2 yr old and they've both been on the same nap and bedtime schedule since my dd was born. my 2yr old decided he doesn't like naps, so he has to have quiet time in his room. he plays quietly with his toys, or reads books. sometimes he ends up falling asleep anyway.
    Anonymous

• go to bed earlier....i have a 3 y/o who dosen't nap and a 2month old, naps for me are out of the question lol, i usually go to be after i get my 3 y/o to bed and after i feed the baby and get him to sleep, which is about 9 or 10 pm
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:19 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Does your 3 yo not nap at all? If the 3 yo naps, then I would try to coordinate the baby's nap and the 3 yo's nap. I have my kids on the same nap schedule.
    Anonymous

• I dont nap.
    I go to bed about an hour after they do(I have 3 kids ages 5, 3, and 20mths).

Ive never been a napper unless Im very sick. If Im tired, I press on til bedtime.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I have 4, a 5.5 yr old, a 4 yr old, a 2 yr old and a 3 month old- I dont nap either lol- but the days that i really need it I go to sleep when my 2 yr old and 3 month old does- luckily they usually nap at the same time- and i make my 4 and 5 yr olds have quiet time but most of the time my 4 yr old sleeps and my 5.5 yr old just lays down until i get up.
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 5:49 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I have a 3 year old and a 17 month old and am pregnant again and totally have to nap some days. I've had both of them napping at the same time since my youngest was 10 months old. You just have to get them on the same schedule. Lunch at 11, nap at noon. You may have to start your 3 year old off on lunch at noon, nap at 1:00 and your baby on lunch at 10:30, nap at 11:15, but then you slowly work them both towards the lunch at 11, nap at noon schedule.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 6:28 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Nap? Whats that? If I'm really sleepy I'll take a nap when my husband comes home. I have 11,9,5,and 3 so I havn't napped for 11 years!!
    mommix4

Answer by mommix4 at 6:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Welcome to the neighborhood, lol.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 7:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• lol welcome to motherhood. You will get your nap in 18 years when I get mine!!!!!!
    mcqueenmom

Answer by mcqueenmom at 8:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• my 3 year old goes to head start so when my 1 1/2 takes a nap sometimes i do. on the weekends the girls are good bout taking a nap during the same time. before they didnt and i didnt nap. sometimes i still dont. depends on my mood.
    mommaburns

Answer by mommaburns at 9:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2009